BACON-CORN CHOWDER SOUP
A nice corn chowder soup recipe...try this one !
- 2 thick slices bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 c. coarsely chopped onions
- 1/2 c. chopped red or green pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. celery salt
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- Few grains of pepper
- 1 (17 oz.) can cream-style corn
- 1 (17 oz.) can whole kernel corn
- 2 c. milk
In a heavy, 4-quart saucepan cook bacon until crisp (moderate heat). Pour off and discard all but 1 tablespoon fat. Add onions, red pepper and seasonings. Cook 10 minutes over low heat, stirring occasionally, until onion and pepper are tender. Add corn and milk, bring to a boil and simmer 15 minutes. Discard bay leaf before serving. The corn chowder soup recipe is ready..enjoy it !